Locus Performance Ingredients is seeking a Technology Development Associate to join our team in Solon, OH! The Technology Development Associate will support pilot and large-scale production processes and conduct day-to-day biochemical laboratory experimentation utilizing existing knowledge of microbiology and chemistry principles.
The ideal candidate will bring a BSc in biology, biochemistry, or chemistry with a minimum 1-year laboratory experience.
Sound interesting?! Check out the role in more detail below along with the benefits package that this position is eligible for. Apply today!
- Prepare inoculation cultures for pilot and production-scale processes, including utilization of aseptic techniques and serial dilutions.
- Measure sterility of pilot and production-scale processes with methods including microbial streaking and gram staining.
- Monitor inventory levels and production schedules to organize and prepare sterile media and media components.
- Generate high-quality reproducible results from routine analytical testing including residual water analysis, viscosity determination, and pH.
- Conduct proof-of-concept formulation and formulation application experiments including tests to determine foam, cleansing ability, and product stability.
- Maintain a laboratory inventory, including stock levels and item utilization.
- Prepare sample product and/or formulations for shipment directly to customers, distributors and collaborators.
- Work closely with commercial team to understand, assess and anticipate technology needs of the market and to create project proposals that meet specific customer needs.
- Coordinate with marketing team to generate images and videos demonstrating product and/or formulation performance.
- Organize and analyze analytical data to prepare concise reports including comparison to historical data.
- Set up and operate sophisticated scientific equipment and instruments.
- BSc in biology, biochemistry, or chemistry with a minimum 1-year laboratory experience required (academic experience included).
- Competency in organic chemistry and microbiology required.
- Experience with microbial cultures including plate and liquid cultures required.
- Competitive Compensation
- Company pays majority of Medical, Dental, Vision coverages for you and your family
- Short Term Disability coverage
- Life coverage
- Free Mental Health Counseling for you and your family
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Match
- 16 Paid Days Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Assistance
- Wellness Incentives
Locus Performance Ingredients is a technology development company leveraging biochemistry and fermentation to deliver biosurfactants with best-in-class performance and purity. Our specialty biosurfactants are innovated for applications in personal care, home care, C.A.S.E. and various industrial applications. For more information on our Company, visit our website at https://locuspi.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.