Locus Performance Ingredients is seeking a R&D Associate to join our team at our biochemical lab in Richmond, VA! The R&D Associate will be responsible for supporting the formulation of consumer personal care and household cleaning products and day-to-day basic biochemical laboratory experimentation.
The ideal candidate will bring existing knowledge of organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, and molecular biology, along with a minimum of 1-year laboratory experience.
Sound interesting?! Check out the role in more detail below along with the benefits package that this position is eligible for. Apply today!
- Conduct proof-of-concept formulation and formulation application experiments including tests to determine product performance under various conditions.
- Creatively create product demonstration scenarios to demonstrate performance, e.g., novel methods of displaying relative foam product or surface cleaning.
- Prepare sample product and/or formulations for shipment directly to customers, distributors, and collaborators.
- Monitor inventory levels to organize and prepare sterile media and media components.
- Conduct BSL2 microbiology experiments including plate counting and OD600 measurements.
- Generate high-quality reproducible results from routine analytical testing including residual water analysis, viscosity determination, and pH.
- Organize and analyze analytical data to prepare concise reports including comparison to historical data.
- Support senior science staff in experiments as needed.
- Sc. in chemistry or a life science with a minimum 1-year laboratory experience required (academic experience included).
- Experience working with microbial cultures including plate and liquid cultures preferred.
- Demonstrated experience drafting scientific documentation such as standard operating procedures, project outlines and results preferred.
- Schedule flexibility, including occasional weekend work as needed.
- Competitive Compensation
- Company pays majority of Medical, Dental, Vision coverages for you and your family
- Short Term Disability coverage
- Life coverage
- Free Mental Health Counseling for you and your family
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Match
- 16 Paid Days Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Assistance
- Wellness Incentives
Locus Performance Ingredients is a technology development company leveraging biochemistry and fermentation to deliver biosurfactants with best-in-class performance and purity. Our specialty biosurfactants are innovated for applications in personal care, home care, C.A.S.E. and various industrial applications. For more information on our Company, visit our website at https://locuspi.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.