Locus Performance Ingredients is seeking a Production Supervisor to take a leadership role over our manufacturing scale-up operations in Solon, OH! The Production Supervisor will manage and perform the full cycle of our unique fermentation production process and be responsible for the day-to-day manufacturing operations including inventory management and meeting commercial forecast targets.
The ideal candidate will bring existing knowledge of cell culture or fermentation, along with a minimum of 1-year experience working in a PLC driven manufacturing environment. This is an exciting opportunity to bridge the gap between operator and management in a setting that allows you to utilize your knowledge and passion for science.
Sound interesting?! Check out the role in more detail below along with the benefits package that this position is eligible for. Apply today!
- Manage and perform the full cycle manufacturing process, including cell culture, batch fermentation, purification, packaging, and shipping.
- Utilize ERP software to manage inventories, create work orders, build assemblies, track manufacturing performance metrics, and fulfill customer orders.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with sales, analytical/QC, engineering, purchasing and commercial teams to ensure product meets specs and deadlines.
- Prepare and present manufacturing updates to key stakeholders.
- Perform all cleaning, sterilizing, and decontamination of manufacturing equipment including tanks, pumps, hoses, and other vessels used in operations.
- Operate and maintain a variety of machinery through PLCs, HMIs, and VFDs.
- Draft and maintain thorough documentation of standard operating procedures changes, process changes and equipment modifications. Maintain batch records and other manufacturing documents.
- Identify and troubleshoot production problems. Collaborate with the team regarding proposed solutions and implement solutions including process changes and equipment modifications that result in accomplishing business objectives and customer requirements.
- Support ISO9001 implementation and utilize lean manufacturing principles to examine workflows, eliminate redundancies and maintain optimal performance.
- BSc in microbiology, biology, biochemistry, or chemical engineering preferred. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of cell culture or fermentation required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in fermentation, biotechnology, bioprocessing, brewing, microbiology, pharmaceutical, or food manufacturing operations required. Experience in a microbiological or biological manufacturing setting preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with PLC driven equipment preferred.
- Demonstrated mechanical inclination for process equipment including manufacturing machines and tools required.
- Ability to obtain forklift operator’s certification required.
- Schedule flexibility, including occasional weekend work as needed.
- Competitive Compensation
- Company pays majority of Medical, Dental, Vision coverages for you and your family
- Short Term Disability coverage
- Life coverage
- Free Mental Health Counseling for you and your family
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Match
- 16 Paid Days Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Assistance
- Wellness Incentives
Locus Performance Ingredients is a technology development company leveraging biochemistry and fermentation to deliver biosurfactants with best-in-class performance and purity. Our specialty biosurfactants are innovated for applications in personal care, home care, C.A.S.E. and various industrial applications. For more information on our Company, visit our website at https://locuspi.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.