Locus Ingredients develops 100% biobased biosurfactant ingredients with a near-zero carbon footprint that deliver better performance and lower usage rates than traditional surfactants. The solutions can be customized to solve key pain points in CPG product formulations, including replacing palm oil-based and petrochemical ingredients, minimizing aquatic toxicity, maximizing performance and reducing carbon intensity.
Lower with Locus
Driven By Our Core Values
Locus Ingredients Leadership
The Locus Ingredients leadership team has decades of combined experience in biotechnology and ingredient formulation from global industry leaders. They have come together to drive new innovation within the space with the goal of improving the safety, sustainability and performance of formulations. How? Through the development of cost-effective and customized biosurfactant ingredients.
“Biosurfactants have extended their applications beyond personal and home care markets and are now making significant inroads into diverse industrial sectors. Drawing upon my industrial chemical market experience, I am enthusiastic about driving the growth of Locus Ingredients’ sophorolipids in these expanding markets on a global scale.”
• 25+ years of experience in the global specialty chemical industry
• Recently, drove Lubrizol’s North American business for the Performance Coatings Group
• MA, BA in History from Buffalo State University, New York
• U.S. Army veteran
- 20+ years sales and business development experience in specialty chemicals.
- Evonik, Air Products, Troy Chemical.
- B.S. in chemistry from Keene State College.
- CASE, metalworking fluids, printing inks.
Industry-Leading Advisory Board
Our panel of top CPG and entrepreneurial executives are driving the global adoption of sustainable biosurfactant ingredients in product formulations
“The ability to develop high-performing, 100% bio-based ingredients through fermentation is finally a reality thanks to Locus PI. This is a transformational step forward in improving the sustainability of everyday products by using biology instead of chemistry.”
• Nearly four-decade career with Croda International Plc—beginning as a formulation chemist and retiring as the first president of Croda’s global personal care & actives
• Fellow of the Society of Cosmetic Chemists and co-author of seven patents
• Held board positions for the Personal Care Products Council (PCPC), American Cleaning Institute (ACI), New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) and Rutgers University
• Received multiple distinguished honors for his work, including the In-Cosmetics Lifetime Achievement Award and the ICIS Industry Contribution award at the World Surfactant Congress
“We’re all proud to be part of an advisory board that can accelerate the use of Locus PI’s environmentally friendly and low-carbon biosurfactant ingredients made using sustainably processes.”
• 37-year career in senior executive roles and extensive international experience in general management of specialty chemicals
• Retired president of Evonik Goldschmidt Corporation
• 10 years on the board of the American Cleaning Institute (ACI) before joining the New Richmond Ventures (NRV) after retirement
• Holds current board positions with the Virginia Manufacturers Association and Virginia Commonwealth University Intellectual Property Foundation
“This advisory board will help propel Locus PI into a global leadership position for low-carbon biosurfactant ingredients across the CPG and industrial markets”
• Former president and managing director of Ramboll Environ, Inc., one of the largest environmental engineering companies
• Past leadership roles include chief operating officer for Environ International Corporation, and adviser to large private equity and Fortune 500 companies
• Currently a board member for Locus Fermentation Solutions, the accelerator company for Locus PI